15 April 2009

Fat

I think I'm getting more conservative in my old age, which makes me sad. But I can't help it if I feel like obese people should have to pay for two seats if they take up two seats. My airline ticket price shouldn't go up because other people have medical/ size issues. Airlines will certainly lose money if they have (half) empty seats that aren't paid for, which will probably cause all ticket prices to increase. Am I becoming more greedy? I think poverty is taking its toll on my values. I'm not sure what the old me would have thought of this. And I know I'm no republican--not by a long shot. I'm just not so sure that fat acceptance is a great movement. Being fat is deadly, and we should be doing what we can to stop it in a kind, inclusive, non-discriminatory way. I don't think that making accommodations with possible economic repercussions for everybody is the way to stop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment