23 September 2009

Dr.

On Monday, I had an appointment with a doctor about this fatigued feeling I've been experiencing lately. I had my blood tested, and on Tuesday I found out I have low thyroid levels and high potassium. The potassium is completely out of the blue for me, because I don't take supplements or anything that might cause that, and the two things aren't, as far as I know, related. However, the Thyroid thing was somewhat expected. My mom had major thyroid problems, and even had hers at least partially removed. Still, it was a shock to hear it and to be put instantly on medicine and told I would have to take it every day for the rest of forever. Today was my first day taking the pill. I think I feel better already, but it's really impossible to say, now that I am being ultra vigilant about how I am feeling. I'm already imagining that the medicine is causing me to feel like there is a hair brushing my left arm, when in fact there is nothing there (it's so annoying! I keep brushing at it, but it keeps coming back!). So, I would like to think that this thyroid issue is what has been causing all my problems. I'd like to think that I'm just around the corner from having all my problems solved, and I can use this to excuse anything I've done wrong over the past, say 3 years. Unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment